Initially launched for the online and Nest Hub Max, Google is now bringing its second display “Companion Mode” to the Meet app on Android and iOS.
Companion Mode is for customers collaborating in a Meet name by way of an in-room audio/video conferencing system as an alternative of their very own pc. It permits you to entry “interactive options and controls” for those who’re in a convention room or massive assembly house/corridor:
- Use the room check-in characteristic on cell as effectively, making it simpler for different attendees to see your identify alongside the convention room you’re becoming a member of from.
- Share an emoji response with out interrupting the speaker.
- Increase your hand to point that you simply’d like to talk.
- Activate captions to view subtitles as everybody speaks throughout a gathering.
- Change chat messages with different assembly individuals.
- View and zoom in on introduced content material to simply comply with together with the presenter by yourself machine.
On cell, Google positions Companion Mode as letting you “take part in conferences with out opening a laptop computer.” From the pre-join display, you’ll see a brand new “Use Companion mode” button.
This may be notably helpful in assembly areas the place room for a laptop computer is proscribed, or as a simple, discreet approach to take part throughout massive in-person conferences, equivalent to all fingers or city halls.
Google Meet Companion Mode is rolling out to Android and iOS over the approaching weeks. It’s out there for Workspace and private Google Accounts.
Minimal Android model:
- Meet – 229
- Gmail – 2024.01.28
Minimal iOS model:
- Meet – 225.0
- Gmail – 6.0.231231
Extra on Google Meet:
FTC: We use revenue incomes auto affiliate hyperlinks. Extra.